Thursday, November 3, 2011

Getting ready for Christmas and Veterans Day Parade

I have been very busy lately, getting Christmas items tagged to take down to the booth tomorrow. Still a few more things to do, but there is always delivery next Friday.

I had a yard sale last Saturday and did exceptionally well - made enough to buy the paint and to have my front room/old living room now foyer painted, plus a little to spare.

I have been really cleaning out this year, closets, storage, etc. It is amazing how much stuff I have held onto over the years! Well enough is enough. I have been taking a lot of items to the consignment store in Newport and have made individual sales, and have donated items to the Salvation Army.  I have another "appointment" in a couple of weeks. I still have quite a few boxes to go through in the shed.

This Saturday Morehead will host its annual Veterans Day Parade (lots, lots, lots of traffic - did I says lots)  - the biggest parade in eastern NC!

I am planning to go out yard sailing and hopefully will be able to get back home before all of the traffic arrives. They stage the parade on the south side of town (my side of town), and it is always very congested! (Most of the town's big events happen downtown, we just plan for it and work around it!)

So here's to you vets -  thank you for all you do and for all that you have done!


God Bless America!

No comments:

Post a Comment