Sunday, March 18, 2012

AUCTION FINDS AND TREASURES

Good morning everyone!

Hubby and I have had a busy weekend thus far. Friday we spent painting our new booth at The Seahorse - first primer, then paint. Saturday morning, we went out to do some yard sailing. Went to Pine Knoll Shores for a "moving" sale which was advertised with Americana, crocks, etc. This lady knew her stuff and she had some great things to choose from. In retrospect, I wish I bought the metal bed she had without the rails. It would have been a nice accent in a garden.  Then we had breakfast at the Kountry Kitchen before heading back home (our little ritual).

Hubby then went back to finish the trim work, etc., while I attended a bridal shower with my daughter. The booth looks great! After it is loaded I'll post pictures with some of our newest finds!

Saturday evening we attended an Auction in Cape Carteret. There was a living estate sale with lots of wonderful early antiques. I picked up an early primitive dry sink as well as a Goodwin Guild blue/cream coverlet in pristine condition. It is very hard to find such items in coastal NC and I was thrilled to get them to offer at our booth. There were many dealers in the house last night, and a little competition too.

And now, finally, I need to sort through my 2011 folder to finish up preparation for our taxes. Hubby doesn't want to wait too much longer, I might forget LOL

I have lots of items to finish up with before we move this Friday. We are very excited to have more booth space to offer more items for our customers.

I hope you have a blessed week!

Becki

No comments:

Post a Comment