Tuesday, January 11, 2011

New Beginnings - January 2011

Well, Christmas is over and everything is packed away again. One of my resolutions this year is to finish all un-finished projects. I have been working on a slipcover for a wingback chair. I have made a pattern from an old sheet, and have finally cut it out of my upholstery fabric. I plan to stitch it together this weekend when I have time to tweak it to fit properly. Remember, measure twice, cut once - especially if you don't have a lot of fabric to spare!!

I see lots of things I would like to work on this year craft wise, sewing mainly, and learn to make room sprays and wax tarts, etc. I did finish up my sampler quilt this fall (after a year and a half)! I get lots of inspiration from magazines such as Merchantile Gatherings and A Primitive Place. I like primitives and make-dos. I can appreciate now what my parents and grandparents had and made do with.

We had a wonderful surprise yesterday, SNOW! It sure was pretty. I am glad I was at home and could enjoy it. And then as fast as it came, it was gone today!




Well, here's to new beginnings! Have a blessed new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment