Sunday, April 10, 2011

Recuperating??!!

My surgery Friday went well and I am back at home. My Lap-Band is readjusted and I will be starting all over again (of course with less pounds to lose).  I have taken the whole week off to recuperate and am thinking about things to do around the house, and a few little needlework projects to work on. Of course, I don't want to over-do it, but by the end of the week I should be in good form.

I have taken down the burgundy checked curtains from the bedroom and am looking for a new comforter set/quilt for the bedroom, preferably blue to go with my blue buffalo checked curtains I have. They are actually light weight and more of a blue than a navy blue if you know what I mean. I will post pictures when everything is completed. I found this amazing quilt at JCPenney. It is Americana with red, white and blue prints. I love it! I just don't know if I want to pay the $$$ for it or not. And there is a lovely comforter set that would work as well, for about half the price.

And in the living room I have moved the wingback chair to the bedroom (I will slipcover it later) and brought in my husband's grandmother's wicker chairs. They are very, very old, but in excellent shape. I have found a nice print to recover the cushions in, blue of course. I will be putting away all of the burgundy pieces, pillows, etc, and bringing in more white, creams and touches of blue. And I want to make new covers for the couch pillows.

Well I mustn't let my work list hamper my recovery, so a little bit at a time.

I hope you have a blessed week!

Becki

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad your surgery went well! That is quite a list of things to do. Of course, I'm the same way, always have a list in my head of things to do. Hope your recovery goes smoothly and you have lots of fun working on projects this week!

    ReplyDelete