Sunday, January 22, 2012

Drysink, and other projects

Hello one and all! How has your day been going?

Everyone is taking a nap now after our meal (I fixed an amazing lasagna). I am planning to make a pound cake this afternoon too.

I thought I would share with you the latest project my husband has just completed (all from a picture no less)! 
He made this from plywood, pallets and some trim. We used Valspar #3002-3A Roasted Chestnut, then used Minwax gelstain to age the piece.  He did an amazing job didn't he?  I think he surprised himself LOL!

He has two classes next month, so no other big items are in the works for now. I think he should make some of those cute little stools, though. don't you?

I have been buying wood bowls where ever I can find them, and have gotten around to painting and aging a few today, as well as a cute little wooden tote.

I need to get on the ball though with some handwork, crosstitch, as well as some bowl fillers though.

I also want to show you something I like to collect. Little chairs. Aren't these cute?


This little gray one I picked up for $2 at a yard sale this summer. The little blue one sitting in another child's chair I picked up at an estate sale for $18. I love the chippy paint on it.

On a final note, I took the leaf out of the dining room table. I am having a heck of a time figuring out what type of centerpiece to use. How do you downplay a very formal cherry dining table and chairs. I did make chair covers for the backs out of muslin. Maybe I will make a burlap runner again like I did last year.

Well bye for now. I hope you have a great week!

Blessings,
Becki

1 comment:

  1. Hi Becki! Your drysink is awesome!! I really admire those that can take a picture and make something just from looking at that picture, that amazes me! Beautiful finish on it too, love that color. The little chairs are adorable! I love chairs of all sizes, but little ones are too cute.

    I think a burlap runner would look wonderful on your cherry table, especially since you made muslin chair covers. It's fun to play around with it all until you get it just right. Hope you find something that works great for you.

    Have a fantastic week~

    ReplyDelete