Friday, November 16, 2012

It's been a while...

It has certainly been a while since I have posted. Things are staying the course here, the house(s) is still for sale, hubby is busy after his retirement, and family is well.  The shop is doing super with increasing sales every month (yeah!).

Weather permits us to continue yard sailing. I found this amazing walking spinning wheel last weekend at a consignment store for a wonderful price....

I didn't realize how big it was until I brought it in.


This is mom's stone fruit she had. She had it sitting in a stone dish as well, but I put the fruit in this old bowl and will give my sister the stone dish to use...



This is a picture of "the front room" or foyer...it used to be our living room until we added on. The two chairs I picked up a couple of weekends ago at a yard sale for $7 each to go with this old pine table.



Several weeks ago I bought a "lot" from a young lady that was moving and "redecorating". I kept this Antiques sign (the rest goes to the shop).



One day last winter I painted this foyer/alcove off of the kitchen with the "free" paint from Ace's paint promotional. Hubby made the bench for the crocks.




I love my drysink. I purchased it at auction for the shop, but I swapped it out with another piece and brought it home. Can you tell I like crocks? I keep my potatoes and onions here.




Well the holidays are soon approaching. Tomorrow after yard sailing I will start to put out Christmas and such. I need to get the bird out of the freezer too!

I hope you have a Blessed Thanksgiving!

Becki

1 comment:

  1. Hi Becki,
    I'm drooling over that spinning wheel.
    Love it.
    Your home is wonderful. What awesome collections you have.
    Hugs,
    Tam

    ReplyDelete