Sunday, May 1, 2011

Spring cleaning and consignment...

Another weekend has come and gone. I have been cleaning out closets and cabinets and will be soon tackling the shed.  I have gone through curtains, small kitchen appliances, dishes, you name it, and will be taking them to a local consignment for sale. I may even have a big yard sale at the end of May (it depends if I get through the shed or not).

With that being said, I have been redecorating a bit as well. I have introduced more creams and whites to the living room and have take down my black and cream checked curtains for the summer and have replaced them with some lovely cream colored sheers. Although I have recovered the wicker chairs in a blue print, I am not too happy with them and have bought some tan/cream striped material to re-cover them, again. I will reuse the blue material another day.

I went to an estate sale weekend. It was a lovely story home on the water, Victorian style. They had a wonderful selection of antique furniture and collections. I did pick up a piece of yellow ironstone (pitcher). I cannot recall ever seeing one in yellow. It only cost $5.00. So I brought it home and it is currently residing on my kitchen table (awaiting some fresh cut flowers).

Business at the shop is going well. It has exceeded what I thought we would do our first month. I am pleased with the response and feedback we have received from our customers. I purchased some material from the Coverlet Museum and plan to make some kitchen towels for sale. I have also been gathering Americana items to place in the shop soon.  Wow, I can't believe it is May already!!

Well, I hope everyone has a great week!

Blessings,
Becki

No comments:

Post a Comment