Friday, August 5, 2011

Ready for fall!

Hello everyone!

Sorry I have been missing lately. We had a family reunion in WV and have been busy making and gathering things for the booth.



The family reunion was bittersweet to say the least. Went to the homestead up Turkey Creek, not at all like I remembered as a youngen...made me want to cry. There was only one living aunt left  and she was unable to attend as she is in a skilled nursing facility. The first generation of cousins arrived, albeit a wee bit older and grayer, and a handful of second generations arrived as well. It was a nice gathering and a time to remember.

I met a nice gal on FB and we arranged to meet while I was there, Lesa Cook from Fayetteville. Bier Creek Primitives. She makes some very amazing furniture, very prim, and has a lovely little shop as well. Please stop by to see her at FB. It looks like she has been very busy lately getting ready for the shows coming up ahead!

That being said, I have been busy here myself gathering and making new items for my booth.

See the bonnet on the stand sitting on the table? Lesa makes bonnet stands and has dresses, towels and other goodies too!  I also brought back this primitive lantern that she made...
See it on the left! Just amazing!

I do hand work like the wicked cross stitch and the stitched prim towel.

Have been yard sailing and estate shopping as well. Last weekend I picked up various items but I love this washstand (of course it didn't look like this now)!  It was filthy! It was in excellent shape with one door that had split and broke. I vacuumed it well, used a wood wash on it and then used Briwax. I think I will keep it a while!

And finally, I love sunflowers, so I made this arrangement, inspired by some pics in the latest issue of Country Sampler....
They make me smile!

So I hope you all have a nice weekend, and happy hunting! I'm off now to an estate sale....I hope I find some goodies!

Bye now, ya'll come back, hear!
Becki

2 comments:

  1. That table with the curtain is gorgeous!!!! I LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becki
    Love the wash stand~ Wonderful job~she is beautiful!!!!
    smiles
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete